Caring for Your Products
Flower Care: Preserved
Preserved and Dried flowers
Our preserved and dried flowers are 100% real flowers that have gone through a preservation process. This allows the flowers to last for months with minimal care. Due to the humidity and temperature of Singapore, the colors may fade as it ages. You may also see mold on them especially when the humidity level rises during Singapore’s rainy season. When this happens, (as an alternative to throwing them away) use small soft brushes, soft duster or dry tissues to clean them off. We advise that the best condition period of our preserved and dried flowers is between 1-3 months.
To further extend the lifespan of your flowers, here are some tips for you:
1. Avoid placing them in humid areas.
2. Keep out of direct sunlight and water.
3. Silica gels and dehumidifiers will be your best friends.
3. If you see mold, gently clean them with tissue, brushes or a soft duster. If the mold still persists, you may use scissors to cut off the affected areas.
4. Lastly, spend time admiring them and speak happy/encouraging words to them!
Flower Care: Fresh
1. Unwrap carefully
2. Cut stems with at an angle.
3. Pop them in a vase with water (change daily for optimal results)
4. Pro tip: Mist them gently with water
Visit our Info & Care Page for more details
⚠️ General precautions:
Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surfaceAvoid windy areas and draftsNEVER leave it unattended while lit
⭐️ Extra tips and care:
Do not burn candles for longer than 3 hours at a time. Doing so will waste your candle and excessively evaporate the fragranceEach time you burn your candle, allow the entire top layer to become a fragrant pool of liquid wax (roughly 30-60mins) and you’ll get the most efficient scent possible
🌟 Extra troubleshooting tips:
If your flame is too small/unstable/goes off prematurely – create a stronger flame by removing some wax. An easy way is, when there is a liquid pool of wax, dip a tissue paper in it to soak away some waxIf you notice large flame or soot/darkening around the candle jar – this means your candle wick is too big and creating soot. Ensure your wicks are always clean cut by removing the black tips of your wood wicks OR removing the rounded mushrooming end of your cotton wicks
We take pride in the quality of our Paperwillows candles. If you notice any performance issues with your candle, please feel free to reach out to us for assistance!